Friday, April 20, 2018

Made for a Star

My second Ronald McDonald House quilt is a blue disappearing nine patch. Here it is prior to quilting:


Here it is on my machine - I'm doing a loops and stars motif this time:



And here it is finished - I'm calling it 'Made for a Star' since there are stars in the fabric and in the quilting.


Close up of the front - hopefully you can see the quilting!

Close up of the back of the quilt - no trouble seeing the quilting here!

This is the first time I've done a machine binding. It worked well, but I could use some more practice. To do this, I trimmed my quilt backing and batting to ~1/8" past the quilt top. Then I attached binding (2.5 inch strips, folded in half) to the back of the quilt ~3/8" from edge. Then I folded the backing over to the front and stitched it down with a straight top stitch. You'll want to use a thread color that matches the quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment