Friday, March 23, 2018

Charity Quilt Patterns

For the last couple of months, I've been working on putting together some charity quilts that I can use to start developing my free motion longarm quilting skills. I chose the Ronald McDonald House as a place to donate to as they request quilts that are approximately 40" x 40" - which seems like a very good practice size.

Disappearing Nine Patch
When I found a picture of this quilt on pinterest, I didn't realize it was a Disappearing Nine Patch, so I cut all the pieces for the blocks their final size, instead of making a nine patch and cutting it in quarters. I designed the quilt to have 12 inch blocks (finished size) with 1 inch sashings/borders. There were three rows of blocks, with three blocks per row. Final size is 40" x 40". I'm going to make two of these quilts; one to practice the loops and hearts quilting motif and one to practice the loops and stars quilting motif.


Rail Quilt
coming soon...

Flying Geese
coming soon...

Hourglass Quilt
coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment