Thursday, July 26, 2018

Baby Quilt for Brynlee

My friend Lydia is had her first baby at the end of July - it was a girl! This seemed like the perfect opportunity to make my first "real" quilt on my longarm, although in truth it was still a "practice" quilt as I learned several new quilting designs and it helped to advance my skills. Most exciting, is that I was able to use my first feather quilting design. It is one I learned from Angela Huffman while at a Kentuckiana Longarm Guild meeting. She calls it the Garden Gate feather. I used this motif in the outer border. The inner border was also a new motif for me, but one that everybody knows, called ribbon candy. I made a double leaf motif in the corners to help transition from horizontal to vertical direction. And in the center of the quilt, I've done what has become one of my go-to designs: loops and posies. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Hopefully it will get a lot of use!

Here's a picture of the whole quilt:


Here's a close up of the two borders:



Here's a close up of the loops and posies quilting:





Quilt Specifics: Hobbs 80/20 batting. Glide Cotton Candy (light pink) thread, 40 weight. Needle size 4.0. 

No comments:

Post a Comment