Saturday, June 17, 2017

Lemoyne Stars

My Lemoyne Stars Basics quilt class was today. We learned how to use Deb Tucker's Rapid Fire Lemoyne ruler.The pattern I wanted to make (Pop Stars...watch for a future post!) didn't arrive on time, so I designed my own quilt for the class. I decided to use the Brushstrokes fabric line by Kim Schaefer for Andover Fabrics with black as the background and various blues, greens, and purples for the stars. I will make forty-two 8 inch Lemoyne stars, then will pop the corners of the blocks to add small diamonds to the background. There will be two borders: the first will be two inch squares of all the different star colors and the second will be the black background fabric. My tentative name for the pattern is "Night Sky." Here is my drawing of a mini version of the quilt:


During class I finished the first four blocks; only 38 more to go! I think this will be a good quilt to practice long arm quilting on - my introductory class on long arm quilting is July 27th!









No comments:

Post a Comment