Sunday, February 1, 2015

Kari's Chicken Coop Quilt

My cousin Kari has graciously hosted me for two years in a row for a winter vacation in San Diego. After the first year, I promised her a quilt for her house as a token of my appreciation. Her favorite colors are chocolate brown and turquoise. I have found a pattern for what I hope will be a wonderful quilt in these colors, and have even bought and washed the fabrics, but unfortunately have not yet had time to start this quilt. In order to keep my promise, I chose a smaller quilt to complete for this year. As she loves all things chicken, I chose the spotty chicken quilt kit. It was a combination of machine stitching the background and hand sewing applique pieces. She loved it, and I'm looking forward to seeing it hung on her wall next year when I visit again (hopefully with her chocolate brown and turquoise quilt in tow!).





No comments:

Post a Comment