Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Molly's Laundry Day Quilt - Background

My best friend in Texas, Emily, loves all things homemade. She is quite crafty herself, but has not yet ventured into quilting. So I have volunteered to make her daughter a toddler quilt, with the understanding that it might take me years to finish! We picked out the Laundry Day Quilt by Sandra Workman. It features dimensional applique and will definitely challenge/expand my skills!
 
Here is a picture of the finished design from the pattern book:
 
I'm going to try to stick with the color scheme seen above, since it works so well. The background was straight forward and came together quickly:
 
I have a construction quilt to finish, so it might be a while before I get back to this quilt, but I'm looking forward to trying the dimensional applique!











































 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment