Sunday, April 17, 2011

Star Quilt

After having my flower quilt applique squares turn out better than I hoped, I decided I should take a quilting class to give me the best chance of putting them together well. I signed up for Beginner's Quilting. It was a four session class. The first class was on January 22nd. We made our first square in class:
By the second class on February 5th we had to have all our star squares done. I made 55 total and ended up using 54 in my quilt. Before class I laid them out in a tentative pattern:
During class #2 we learned how to add sashing and setting points - this step went faster and by the 3rd class my quilt top looked like this:
During class #3 on Feb 26th we learned how to add borders:
During class #4 on March 5th we saw several demos on how to put the quilt together and actually quilt it. It's been a little while, but I've finally found time to put the layers of my quilt together this weekend. The next step will be to machine quilt it, but I think I need to take the Beginner's Machine Quilting class first.

No comments:

Post a Comment